Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 11:00am – 5:30pm
Scottsdale (AZ), The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
The inaugural meeting of our Working Group will be held October 6, 2015 just prior to the annual meeting of the Neurocritical Care Society in Scottsdale, AZ. Though the mission of the Working Group will be an effort continued throughout the year, we anticipate holding one or two annual meetings. These events will provide a venue for discussion and innovation that only happens in face-to-face meetings.
We hope to accomplish the following at our first meeting:
- Agree upon a general architecture for informatics in neurocritical care.
- Identify the “problem areas” which serve as barriers to the implementation of a “connected” and “smart” neuro ICU (e.g. device connectivity, regulatory issues, data standards, etc.). The preliminary list of these problem areas are the Topics found on this website.
- Develop steps to address these problem areas in the form of published and vetted Recommendations.
- Explore projects and identify funding that will implement and validate our architecture.
A complete program will be posted by early September. We anticipate short presentations by authorities in disciplines related to the architecture and the problem areas or Topics. These will be followed by moderated discussion periods to close in on Recommendations specific to the Topic. A general discussion of projects and funding will be held. We hope to have attendees from several funding agencies at the meeting. Continued work will be done after the meeting via the Forums on this website and smaller targeted meetings during the year.
Who Should Attend
The meeting will be of interest to the following:
- Those interested in informatics, data analytics, visualization, and decision support.
- Those interested in precision medicine and the informatics ecosystem necessary to support it.
- Those interested in device and data interoperability and resulting big picture problems it can address such as cost reduction, workflow optimization, and patient safety.
- Those interested in empowering nurses, physicians, and others with the tools informatics can provide
- Those involved in planning a new or upgraded neuro ICU.
- Those planning or funding multi-center clinical trials.
Representatives from academia, industry, and organizations who want to play a role in this transformation.
There is no fee for those pre-registering for the 13th Annual Neurocritical Care Society Meeting. When you register make sure you indicate you will attend this Working Group meeting. Contact us if you wish to only attend the Working Group meeting. Pre-registration is required and attendance is limited.
If you would like to help with the workshop (other than attending) please contact us at [email protected].